Solar pool heating
Solar Source has a complete line of solar pool heating products. We offer solar pool heaters, pool heat pumps, and salt water pool systems to help you enjoy your backyard!
We offer several solar pool heating products to help you enjoy your pool:
With no moving parts, no utility expense and no maintenance, Heliocol produces energy out of thin air, heating your pool and doubling your swim season.
- the largest solar pool heater manufacturer in the world.
- lifetime warranty, 100% coverage for the first 12 years, including parts & labor.
- the only system that has a shingle-roof friendly design – cuts in half the amount of roof penetration, which prevents leaking.
- tube design maximizes solar gain, eliminates wind lift and allows the roof to breathe.
- Heliocol panels do not trap heat and moisture, which eliminates damage to your roof.
- Download our Heliocol Advantage Specifications Sheet (PDF):
- Download the Heliocol System Schematic – How Solar Pool Heaters Work (PDF)
- Download the Heliocol Residential Brochure (PDF)
Features & Benefits
|The Feature||The Advantage|
|Patented individual tube design||Allows expansion and contraction, eliminating cracks and leaks. Lets roof breathe, keeping it clean and dry.|
|Patented mounting hardware||Eliminates hoses, clamps, and straps. No gaps between panels for smoother look; less than half the number of roof penetrations.|
|One-piece over molded construction||Eliminates welds and weld leaks.|
|Hurricane resistant||Can withstand hurricane-force winds; Heliocol panels are approved by most property and casualty insurance carriers.|
|Low collector-head loss rate||Reduces pump requirements.|
|*Information from the table gathered from www.Heliocol.com|
- Maintain the exact temperature you like!
- Eliminate operating costs – solar fuel is free!
- Zero maintenance
- Longer lifetime – solar lasts twice as long as traditional heat pumps
Solar pool heater financing is available for only $29 per month. Depending on the size of your pool, system prices range from $3,000 to $5,000.
How the Heliocol system heats your pool:
- Using the existing pool pump, water is diverted to the solar heating tubes which are usually on your roof.
- The water is heated by the sun’s radiant energy as it passes through the solar collectors.
- The water is returned to the pool to repeat the cycle until the pool has been warmed to the temperature you specify.
To learn more about Heliocol, please visit www.heliocol.com
Click here to download the “How It Works” Heliocol Schematic
GulfStream Heat Pump, the only heat pump to optimize your solar pool heating system
Our featured product, the GulfStream, is the only pool heat pump that optimizes your solar pool heater.
Features & Benefits
Why Heat Your Pool With a Heat Pump?
- This system is designed to give you the maximum benefit and savings from your solar pool heating system.
- Ultra-quiet and highly efficient
- Made in the USA – manufactured in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Lower your operating costs – Heat Pumps are one of the most economical ways to heat a swimming pool today.
- MAINTENANCE COSTS – Heat Pumps are very efficient as they produce much more heat energy than they use in electrical operating energy.
- ENVIRONMENT – The heat Pump actually transfers heat from the surrounding air to the pool water rather than burning a fossile fuel such as propane gas.
- EFFICIENCY – Heat Pumps have from 400% to 700% efficiency ratings compared to just 75% for propane gas.
You can finance a heat pump for about $35 a month.
- The GulfStream offers a feature which detects the performance of your solar pool heating system.
- This feature is built directly into the High Efficiency GulfStream Heat Pump for seamless operation between the two systems.
- Set your deisred temperaturs on the GulfStream High Energy Series Heat Pump.
- As your solar system operates, the GulfStream continually monitos heating performance. When your GulfStream detects that the pool temperature has dropped below your desired temperatures, the GulfStream automaically kicks into operation.
- The GulfStream closes the gap between what your solar system is delivering and your deisred pool temperature.
- When solar operation resumes to reach your desired temperature, the GulfStream allows the solar pool sytems to take over heating duties, and saves you money.
- HE-65 (65,000 btu)
- HE-90 (90,000 btu)
- HE-5/HE-110 (110,000 btu)
- HE-125 (120,000 btu)
- HE-150 (136,000 btu)
Solar Source offers the Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator by Goldline Controls, Inc. The Salt water system generates its own chlorine from a small amount of ordinary table salt, per gallon of water.
Features & Benefits
- Fresh pure chlorine produced daily
- No need to constantly purchase chlorine